Friday, December 28, 2007

A HAPPY AND PEACEFUL 2008

I was at a friend's house when I heard the tragic news of the assassination of Benazir Bhutto. I grieved silently for awhile. What is this world of ours coming to or heading towards. I frowned as I thought, does the future seem bleak. I reflected on my homeland and the recent spate of events that took place. There are extremely dissatisfied people out there. Even worse, those in authority seem to think that nothing is amiss. That people are complaining for the sake of complaining....lawyers, bloggers, journalists, business people, ordinary working folks...'just a few'. We had more street demos in Malaysia in 2007 than we ever had since independence. Even small street demos along my street at Medang Serai, Bukit Bandaraya, Bangsar protesting against the building of a 28-storey high- rise condo in the midst of an already densely populated area like Bukit Bandaraya, Bangsar. Those in power and in authority are not listening. That's why people are taking to the streets. I hope that is as far as we will take it..to the streets. Then lets talk as decent and respectable citizens to solve our problems amicably.

For Christians all over the world, this is the season to be jolly. A season of peace and goodwill to all MAN. Its hard to believe this when we see what's happening around us. But if we believe that in this long dark journey, there is light at the end of this tunnel, there will be. And this ray of hope came in an e-mail I received from a favourite guru of mine, JOHN HARRICHARAN. I thank him for this mail. He help me believe that we can make a difference if we sincerely wish to and that is to make this world a happier place for us and our children and their children's children.

Below is an extract from the mail John Harricharan sent me. I wish to share this with all of you. With that I extend my sincere and good wishes for 2008 to everyone here in Malaysia and all over the world. A VERY HAPPY AND PEACEFUL 2008

..........Perhaps, if most of us would take a few minutes to focus on peace, love and joy at this time especially, the world would reflect that peace, love and joy back to us, over and over again. I promised myself that I would not make this long. Nor would I promote or sell anything to you in this note. I just wanted us to take a break from "the gods of the marketplace." My gift to you isn't a special offer on anything that expires sooner or later. My gift is a simple little video that is on YouTube and takes only one minute and 45 seconds to watch. And if you like it, forward the link to your loved ones.
http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=Beafm&m=1b7JN4RFN7LhMX&b=bRFNieH6MiM8UBUS5Nb_7A
Let this be a season of peace and love. Let us take a short break from the season of "sales" and let us look with renewed wonder as the New Year is being born. There will be time enough to get back to the hustle and bustle of the everyday world.

No comments: