Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I received my "Friday Story"
from a weekly newsletter from Josh Hinds, one of my motivational gurus online. I wish to share this with all my fans......

If you 'tak larat' or 'mah fun' or just plain 'no-time and rushing through' sort of feeling, then below is an excerpt of My Friday story from Josh Hinds:


................................After we got back down to the ground, Diana said to me: 'I didn't think we were going to make it to the top.' I thought to myself, I didn't think we would do it either. It was at this moment I really understood what I learned from the exercise - that in fact this was not about climbing at all. I realized that in my entire life I had always done things for myself in order to feel that sense of achievement and purpose.

When I heard Diana say those words to me it created an entire paradigm shift in me and I realized that it's very lonely at the top when you do things only for yourself. I learned that life is a lot more fulfilling when you take other people along for the climb. I now know I will never again feel lonely at the top.

This reminded me of what Zig Ziglar once said, "If you help enough people get what they want, You'll get what you want".




No comments: