Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Whom Shall I Choose.

Last night I watched live on national television, a debate between two political leaders. Both must be the best from each camp, I suppose. Otherwise why send your second best to be slaughtered on live television. It was civil, the debate I mean. One from the incumbent ruling coalition and the other, a leader from the opposite side of the divide. One was articulate, the other mere oratorical.
Based on what I saw from the debate, if I had to put a picture on leadership, whom would I choose. It would be a difficult decision especially today. Why? Because today, a true leader is difficult to find. We live in times when our judiciary is weak and their judgments are questionable, when authority is abused, gratification is rampant, morals and ethics are low and compromised and truth is what we decide it to be. Both have their strengths and weaknesses. Yet if I still have to choose, whom shall I choose. Its simple. It will have to be the lesser of the two evils.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

sad but true.true leader are hard to find especially nowadays.everyone has their own agenda.no denying about that.about the debate,i think more about "public awareness" rather than have to choose who's the winner.i hope from there on we can have many more brilliant ideas and things to be unleashed in terms of the betterment both for the people and the ruling system.everything starts from somewhere.

Anonymous said...

i agree with pancaroba.
the debate should be more about public awareness rather than a competition to see who is the better speaker. That's not the objective of the debate at all.

Anonymous said...

Another thought-provoking read! I agree totally about the lesser of two evils!

Anonymous said...

Mr. Stand-up Comedian,

Actually I wouldn't mind becoming PM. Pick me please!