Sunday, September 7, 2008

A Parting Reminder


Tan Sri A. Samad Ismail - 1925-2008

I do not know Samad Ismail personally but I did work with him from 1973 till he was detained under the Internal Security Act (ISA) in 1976 providing him with files and pictures in the execution of his editorial duties.
I was there when they took him but sad to say I was not when God took him away. Though I do not know him personally but I know how it feels when someone dear to us is taken away for good. No matter what the age may be and under what circumstances, its always painful when we are separated from our loved ones forever. I know what Nuraina, Maria and family are going through. Some of us have been there. So take time with your family to reminisce the past with your father. Its a time to reflect, recollect and reassure one another and then move on.
For those of us who still have our parents with us, maybe its a good time to spend more time with them and assure them of your love and care. Even in the midst of so much political confusion in our country today, we can still take time to be with them or call them.....before its too late.
To Samad Ismail, thank you for the book you left behind with me.

No comments: